Sunday 14 August 2011

A Busy Day

Yesterday I arrived in New Toulouse. I had heard very nice things about this land, and had made up my mind to stay at one of the hostelries here. I found the board in the square to be most informative, and after studying it, made my way for a stroll.

I found myself in New Toulouse Jardin district, and when checking the hostelry, noticed it to be full. I would have to try the other one before retiring for the day. As I stood on the hostelry steps, I noticed two properties for sale just opposite. I have often been branded 'impulsive', and so, true to nature I decided to look into obtaining a more permanent property. At my time of life, I really do need to have roots.

I made my way to the Real Estate office, but before entering, found the cafe opposite had details of builders' work. I sat and looked at the work before me and made some notes.

I entered the extremely grand central building, and found the real estate office within. I checked some of the other parcels that were shown as being available, but already had my heart set on a modest Jardin property in the old quarter there. I obtained a copy of the covenant and made myself comfortable whilst I read through it. It is always most important to know the laws of the land when buying property... ignorance is never a legitimate excuse.

I now had all the details to hand, but decided to view some properties in Bourbon as suggested, to view some builder's work there. I passed the hostelry there, and noted that there were vacancies should I decide to wait before purchasing... but I thought that unlikely at this point. I came across a wonderful church and cloister, and had to call in for a quick look. It was so peaceful there, but with all the excitement I had endured so far, it was no surprise that sleep took me.

Waking a little while later, and completely refreshed, I made my way back to Jardin, chose one of the available properties and made my purchase. I now had roots here. Fortunately a furniture store is immediately opposite my new home, and I made use of it.

The evening was drawing in, and although being quite lost in decorating I had the opportunity to meet two of my neighbours. The first was an extremely attractive blonde haired lady, with fine aristocratic bone structure, and wearing what can only be described as 'adventurers' clothing. She explained that she had spenty quite a lot of time recently in Africa, and had not long returned and so was still in the process of unpacking. She obviously did not want to keep me from my work, for she bade me well and made her way up the street. Unfortunately I did not learn her name, but I believe she lives nearby, so will have to redress that situation should I see her again. The second lady had striking red hair, and introduced herself as 'Nana'. We spent a most pleasant few minutes in light conversation, before she too, continued her evening walk.

It was not too late when I declared myself to be finished for the day, but fatigue had other ideas and I ended up falling asleep in my chair by the fire.

I look forward to exploring this wonderful land further!

No comments:

Post a Comment